OUWA.org – DisplayMate scored the iPhone 12 Pro Max screen with the highest score, reaching 11 records. DisplayMate has a grading screen Super Retina XDR of iPhone 12 Pro Max A+ and concluded that this is a phone with the best screen to date present, the highest score they’ve ever stop. DisplayMate says that the iPhone 12 Pro Max’s display has hit 11 new smartphone display records, rating it much higher than last year’s iPhone 11 display (which got nine records) and of course the iPhone. XS Max in 2018 (hitting 8 records).
DisplayMate also takes into account that the iPhone 12 Pro Max screen is still 60Hz instead of 120Hz like on the iPad Pro or any other machines and concludes that it “is still good for most applications.” They say that the display’s refresh rate difference can be offset by the fast response time of the iPhone 12 Pro Max’s high-speed OLED, CPU, and GPU.
Specifically, after conducting many detailed tests, DisplayMate concluded that the screen of the iPhone 12 Pro has achieved 11 records:
- Brightest smartphone OLED panel full screen.
- Full-screen contrast in the highest ambient light.
- Highest contrast ratio.
- The screen is the least reflective.
- Varies brightness according to lowest viewing angle.
- Highest resolution visible on the 2.8K screen
- Highest absolute color accuracy (0.9 JNCD): indistinguishable to the naked eye by the perfection of color reproduction.
- Accuracy is the most accurate and intense image contrast scale (2.19 Gamma)
- The smallest change in color accuracy and intensity scales with the smallest image content APL (0.2 JNCD)
- The smallest change in the Scale of Contrast and Image Intensity with APL of Image Content (0.00 Gamma)
- The minimum difference in maximum brightness with image content Average image-level APL (1%)
Those who want to see the details of the tests, how to test, and understand more about the parameters can go here to see more.