OUWA – How to fix Error on 13-inch MacBook Pro After Update To macOS Big Sur. Recently many models MacBook Pro 13 inch born in 2013 and 2014 were errors black screen does not open up after an update on macOS 11 Big Sur. There are no workarounds if your Mac is unfortunately experiencing this error. (Read also New macOS Big Sur experience)
- Try holding down the power button for 10 seconds, if the Mac is really working, it will turn off completely
- Unplug all connections with your Mac (if any) such as external displays, USB accessories, remove the memory card in the card slot, … Then turn on the computer again. (Read also macOS Big Sur has a touch-friendly interface: things are not what you think)
If the error still persists, try resetting the SMC:
- Hold down shift + option + command at the same time (on the left side of the keyboard)
- Simultaneously press and hold the power key
- Hold all the keys for 10 seconds
- After 10 seconds release the key combination and turn on the computer again normally
If the problem persists, try resetting the NVRAM or PRAM:
- Turn off the device by holding the power for 10 seconds then turn it on again and immediately press the key combination option + command + P + R, within 20 seconds, release when you hear the Mac boot.
Brothers using the 2013 (late) and 2014 (mid) 13-inch MacBook Pro models SHOULD NOT update macOS Big Sur during this time. At least wait for Apple to release a new version, although there is currently no information from Apple on the cause of the error.