It is often said that the space of the C drive of their computer becomes smaller and smaller as the time of the computer is used, but they dare not delete the files on the C drive casually, so today I will tell you how to clean up safely and effectively. C drive files, slim down on C drive!
The specific method is as follows:
1. Delete the application cache brought by some functions: enter the c drive and delete all the files in the c:\windows\prefetch folder.
2. Clean up temporary files generated by the IE browser: Go to “Start Menu-Control Panel-Internet Options” in turn, and delete cookies and IE temporary files.
3. Clean up the system log and event log: In the LogFiles folder under the System32 folder of the Windows folder, just delete all the files in it.
4. Safely delete the hibernation file under win7: first run cmd.exe as an administrator to open the command line window, and then enter powercfg -h off and press Enter to run, and then the remaining hiberfil.sys hidden files on the C drive can unhide, You can delete it directly.
5. Turn off the system protection: first, right-click the “Computer” icon, select “Properties -> System Protection -> Configuration”, and then find the system restore of the C drive to close. If you choose not to shut down the system, you must delete some restore points regularly, because the space occupied by the restore points is very large and takes up memory. If you back up the system, you can turn off this function.
6. If the computer’s memory is above 2G (I think this should be 8G+), it is recommended that you can directly turn off the virtual memory function so that your entire Windows system will run very smoothly. First, enter the “Control Panel-Classic View”, click System in it, then click Advanced System Settings on the left side of the window, click the first setting (performance) and then click Advanced, click Settings for the virtual memory, and save the remaining pagefile of Disk C The hidden .sys file can be deleted directly after unhiding.
7. Generally, the files saved in the windows\temp folder and the temp folder of the user folder are some useless files in the cache: directly put c:\windows\temp and C:\Users\your user name\ Delete all the files in the AppData\Local\Temp folder, these two folders generally take up a lot of space.
8. The memory in the download folder of the C drive can also be deleted. When many people download a file, they choose the default and the file has defaulted.
9. Clean up the useless files in “My Documents” and transfer useful files to a non-C drive. The files in “My Documents” are stored in the C drive. When there are more and more files, the C drive will also become smaller and smaller. Whether it’s useful or not, it depends on your own assessment. Anyway, if these files are deleted, it will be fine!
10. Clean up the computer desktop, delete all unnecessary files, and transfer all useful files to other disks for storage. Do not put them on the desktop. The files on the computer desktop are also stored in the C drive.
When installing the system, it is best to allocate a 50G space to the C drive, otherwise, I am really worried for you! First of all, a windows system takes up a lot of space. In the installed system, windows XP probably takes up 5-7G of space, win7 needs 15-20G of space, and win10 probably needs 15-20G of space. You can check it out for yourself.
Causes of the sharp decrease in C drive space
The reason why the C drive is getting smaller and smaller is mainly caused by the following bad computer usage habits:
1. After the system is installed, some common software that comes with the system (such as QQ, Baofengyingyin, Kugou, 360 browsers, etc.) is not uninstalled. The software that comes with these systems is installed on the C drive, and the software is in use During the process, a lot of cache files and some local data will be generated, such as QQ chat records, which will take up a lot of space, and browsing records generated by watching movies, listening to music, and surfing the Internet, etc., all of which take up space.
2. By default, the installed software is all installed on the C drive. The software is installed on the C drive. The software itself has many files, which directly occupy a lot of space. In addition, when the software is used, it will generate a lot of caches and local data, which will be written directly. To the C drive, your C drive becomes smaller and smaller invisibly.
3. Place some used files on the computer desktop habitually. Don’t think that the computer desktop is a separate space. In fact, it exists in the C drive.
C drive folder introduction
There are many folders in the C drive. Why are these folders used? What’s in it? Which can be deleted?
The following is the folder name and its introduction. The folders in the C drive of different systems and users are not exactly the same. The following examples are folders that all windows users will exist.
1. User or Documents and Settings
The “User” folder in Windows 7 is actually the Documents and Settings folder in XP, where the user’s settings are stored, including user documents, Internet browsing information, configuration files, and other data. Unnecessary files can be cleaned up as needed, such as pictures, music, videos, etc. saved by users themselves.
This is usually the default download path for downloading software. It is recommended to modify the software settings to other hard disk partitions. The data in the folder can be deleted, remember to back up important download resources.
3. Drivers or MyDrivers
Part of the driver folder. Don’t delete it!
Favorites. The content inside can be emptied and deleted, but your computer’s favorites will be empty!
5. Program Files
The application folder, general software is installed here by default, and there are also some applications that come with the system. Do not delete the contents of the file. If you want to uninstall a certain software, uninstall it in the control panel or use the software manager. Do not delete the installation directory directly.
6. Program Files (X86)
In the Windows 7 system, 64-bit users will have an extra Program Files (X86) folder, which is the installation directory of 32-bit software in the system.
7. Program Data
It is not recommended to delete the Windows 7 system folder, which contains the usage data and settings of the program.
It is very important to store the main files of the operating system and cannot be deleted. Deleted by mistake will cause the system to crash.
Temporary files stored in the system or other software must be cleaned up frequently.
Finally, remind everyone that the files in the C drive should not be deleted arbitrarily. It is likely that the deleted system files will cause the system to crash and fail to start, especially the files in the Windows folder. You should also master good habits when you use the computer. Don’t just know the silly next step when installing software. For more computer knowledge and computer technology, please pay attention to the WeChat public account: learn computer knowledge every day
For more computer knowledge and computer technology, please pay attention to my WeChat official account: learn some computer knowledge every daya, a public welfare official account for sharing dry goods!